As with any online community, members of Route 50 enjoy expressing their creativity through roleplaying in the chat and through roleplays, collaborative writing on the forums.
Like many forums, Route 50 features formal roleplays in which participants write the thoughts, words, and actions of their characters, who interact with each other. Roleplays usually have a set of rules to prevent utter chaos. In general, players may only control their own characters, and may only begin roleplaying when the RP leader approves their character. The RP leader is also responsible for keeping the roleplay active, enouraging the storylines toward completion when they would otherwise simply stagnate and die.
Over time, these collaborative stories have evolved from simple games into elaborate tales which form the core of the Route 50 community. Often times, jokes or devices from roleplays filters back into the Route 50 mythos, particularly when a member uses self-insertion characters.
Roleplays to reach completion
If anyone knows of another, feel free to add it to the list!
- 2008: "Apocalypse: A New Era" - Hana-Chan (1415 posts)
- Actually ends at 1388 posts, as the rest of the thread is a conversation about the sequel. However, the other post totals here don't account for ooc posts.
- An amazing achievement, considering that the roleplay's duration was about five weeks.
- 2009-2010: "Pokemon to the Rescue" - SkyWarrior (1413 posts)
- Probably the most memorable roleplay.
- 2010: "the wish of time" - Aura (127 posts)
- Significantly shorter than the other two roleplays. Still, the roleplay had an established goal, and it managed to achieve that goal.
Roleplays with 1000+ posts
- 2008: "Apocalypse: A New Era" - Hana-Chan
- 2008: "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RPG style" - Flareon-Chan
- 2009: "Journey Throughout Sinnoh" - Bee
- 2009-2010: "Pokemon to the Rescue" - SkyWarrior
- 2012: "Times of Darkness" - Metatyph
Honorable Mentions (all dead)
- 2009-2014: "Stopping the Ending Battle" - Maestra
- 2010-2013: "Second Chance" - SkyWarrior
- 2010: "Imperative" - Sparky
- 2011-2013: The Five - Pokey
- 2012-2014: "A Time Before the Gods" - SkyWarrior
- 2012-2013: "Mystical Pendants" - Pokey
- 2012: "RuneClan" - Pokey
- 2013: "Beyond the Runes" - Pokey
- 2013: "Playing in the Woods" - Sparkleaf
- 2014: "Elemental Verse" - eevee90899